Cracker-Topped Cod

When I was up at my friend Michele's house two weekends ago, we were walking through the supermarket and they offered us this delicious cod sample. I didn't understand him at first because of the heavy New England accent (thought he was saying "cad"). He gave us the recipe to try, and I thought I could try and make it lighter, and I think I have. I used reduced-fat mayo and the reduced-fat crackers. It's very flavorful, and, of course, low in points! I served it with brown rice, which was a great complement.



Cracker Crumb-Topped Cod
Serves 4

1/2 tablespoon Olivio spread
15 reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (such as Ritz)
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil, divided
3 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 garlic cloves, minced
16 oz boneless, skinless cod fillets, patted dry
salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking dish or pan with the Olivio.

Crush the cracker crumbs. Add 1 Tbs. basil to the cracker crumbs; set aside.

Combine the mayonnaise, remaining basil, garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl. Place the cod fillets on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide the mayonnaise mixture on top of the cod fillets. Divide the crumb mixture and press on top of the fillets.

Bake until cooked through and the fish flakes with a fork, about 25 minutes.

(Each serving is 4 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts