Sweet Potato Fries

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I was down visiting my brother in San Antonio, and had a great time.

I have always loved Sweet Potato Fries, but without the fried part. My friend Marina bought me this great gadget from Williams Sonoma that dices, chopped, slices and cuts French fries. I thought, now I can make perfect fry shapes with my new chopper. I read the instructions and positioned it on flat, sturdy surface. I leaned down on the top, but the thing wasn't budging. Ultimately, I had to actually sit on the gadget to get the fries cut, but look how perfect they came out! Not the most conventional way to make them, but they did come out great, and there were so many fries from just one medium sweet potato. You can season them however you like. For a sweeter version, season with pumpkin pie spice.



Sweet Potato Fries
Serves 1

Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed clean
Nonstick olive oil spray
Seasoning of choice (I used garlic powder)

Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the sweet potato into thin fries. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick olive oil spray. Spread the fries on the baking sheet in a single layer. Season well.

Bake the fries until fork-tender and edges are browned, shaking and turning halfway through baking, about 30 minutes.

(One medium sweet potato is 1 pt. The other ingredients do not add points.)

Comments

Popular Posts