Hearty Polenta Pie

I love polenta, and I never really get to make it. It's actually high in fiber and low in calories for a single serving. To make polenta, you really need to stir and stir, but the end result is worth it. I found instant polenta in the supermarket and it takes 3 minutes to make. I decided to turn the polenta into a base for my Turkey Bolognese that I posted yesterday. Topped with some reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, it was so amazing and the portions were huge! I hope you love it as much as I did.



Hearty Polenta Pie
Serves 6

4 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup instant polenta (I used Scalfani; to get the correct point value, make sure to choose an instant polenta that is 140 calories, 0 fat, and 4 fiber per 1/4 cup serving)
2 cups Turkey Bolognese
3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Sargento)

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.

Place the 4 cups water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the instant polenta to the boiling water, gradually, while stirring contantly. Continue to stir contantly for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Spoon the cooked polenta into the prepared pie pan. Let sit until polenta is firm, about 15 minutes.

Spoon the bolognese sauce onto the polenta in the pie pan. Top with mozzarella cheese. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place over the polenta pie.

Bake the pie covered for 10 minutes. Remove foil cover and continue baking for 15 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.

(Each serving is 5 pt pls.)

Comments

Popular Posts