Roasted Chickpeas

My cousin Stacey told me about this easy snack. They almost remind me of soy nuts, but much tastier. Make sure the chickpeas are completely dry before roasting, this will help them dry out faster. Check them every 10 minutes during the baking time since they can burn easily.



Roasted Chickpeas
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (should measure out to be 1 1/3 cups)
your favorite seasoning blend (I used a Mexican blend)

Rinse chickpeas and dry well. (I let them dry for a few hours.)

Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet. Spray the chickpeas with the cooking spray. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite seasoning. Bake until crisp and split open, shaking the sheet every 10 minutes, 30–40 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating.

(Each 1/3 cup serving is 1 pt.)

Comments

Popular Posts