Barbecue Chicken Salad

We had a potluck party at work a few weeks ago and I came up with this twist on ordinary chicken salad. It is so flavorful and low in fat, you won't miss your regular fat recipe. The dressing is more barbecue sauce than mayonnaise. I served them on slider rolls for work, but that would add more points than you need. To keep your calories down, serve it on a low-fat roll or bread, or keep it really low and serve on top of lettuce.



Barbecue Chicken Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken meat (I used the white meat portion of a rotisserie chicken)
2 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue)
1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup thawed roasted corn (from Trader Joe's) or regular corn kernels
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 large stalk celery, diced
2 scallions, sliced
salt and black pepper, to taste

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.

(Each 1/2 cup serving is 4 pts.)

Here is a photo of the sliders I made for the potluck at work. I doubled the recipe and it made about 48 sliders. Everyone loved them!

Comments

Popular Posts