Flat Bread Pizza






















I don’t know about you, but I love pizza! I wish I could eat it everyday, but alas, if I did I would be 300 lbs!! On WW, one small slice of thin crust is 5 pp…but seriously, where can you find a slice of pizza that fits into that point range? The Stop ‘n’ Shop by my house finally carries Flatout Flat Bread (including the light version). I’ve always heard that you can make great pizza with it, so I decided to try it — it was great! I had some meatballs in the fridge (thanks Mom) so I added a meatball on top for more protein. The entire pizza was 8 pp!! If you didn’t add the meatball or other meat topping, you can load it up with veggies and it would be 6 pp… Now that’s a something I can really sink my teeth into!!

Flat Bread Pizza
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 light flat bread (I used Flatout Light Italian flavor)
2 tablespoons Barilla Tomato Basil sauce
1/2 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Sargento)
1 meatball, sliced, or toppings of your choice
Fresh basil leaves, sliced (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Place flat bread on middle oven rack. Warm for 3 minutes. Remove flat bread from oven.

Spread sauce onto flat bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with your toppings. Return flat bread to oven. Heat until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes. (Check at the earlier time to make sure edges aren’t overcooked. If the edges start to brown before the cheese is melted, cover the edges with foil.)

PS: You can also make this in your toaster oven, especially during hot days when you don’t want to turn the oven on!

Comments

Popular Posts