Mango Chicken

I love mango!! A few weeks ago, I got one of my weekly recipe emails from hungrygirl and saw a recipe for mango chicken. So I thought, how can that be bad? My friend tried it first, but thought it had too much onion. So when I decided to try it, I reduced the onion (and changed the cooking method) and added more mango (who wouldn't want more mango!). It is so delicious! I can't wait to make it again. I served it with some brown rice on the side.















Mango Chicken
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/4 cup mango nectar
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. water
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
1/3 cup finely diced sweet onion
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
1 cup diced mango

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together mango nectar, honey, balsamic vinegar, and water. Mix well. 

Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Place seasoned chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade to the bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened and starting to brown. Add chicken and marinade to skillet. Cook until no longer pink and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 8 minutes. Add diced mango and cook about 1 minute longer. Divide chicken and mango into 2 servings. 

(Each serving is 7 pt. pls) 

Comments

Popular Posts