Fudgy Brownies

The weather today was awful. Now that I work in Connecticut, close to home (yeah!), I had no choice but to go to work (boo!). The roads were a little treacherous to drive this morning, so at around 1:00 or so, my VP told us we could go if we wanted. So I went home, visited with my neighbor Kara and her new dog Cyrus (such a loving yellow lab!), and then my other neighbor Diane called and decided to throw together an impromptu dinner party. Well, I couldn't go empty handed, so I decided to make something for dessert. I always have something on hand, ingredient-wise, so I can make a last-minute dessert (that's just the crazy person I am). I've been in the mood for brownies lately, so there was no question as to what I would make. I used Olivio instead of butter, and egg substitute instead of regular eggs. I was going to use splenda brown sugar blend, but the numbers would have been the same.



Fudgy Brownies
Makes 24

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Olivio spread, melted
Egg substitute, equal to 2 large eggs
4 oz unsweetened melted baking chocolate
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, melted butter spread, egg substitute, baking chocolate, water and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix vigorously.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with some crumbs, 18-22 minutes. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. When cooled completely, cut into 24 squares. (I was in a rush to cut, which is why they fell apart a little.)

(Each square is 3 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts