Oatmeal Cookies

Ok, I'm on a cookie kick. My sweet tooth has been activated and I've been on the search for a low-point oatmeal cookie to enjoy after dinner. What I came up with uses a packet of instant oatmeal. They're perfect as a dessert for two, and they're definitely something to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea (they're a little on the dry, crispy side).



Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 6

1 packet instant flavored oatmeal (maple brown sugar is unbelievable!)
2 tablespoons whipped butter substitute (such as Olivio), melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 tablespoon splenda brown sugar blend
1/4 teaspoon apple-pie spice or cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Using your hands, mold the dough into 6 flat rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

(For those of you counting points, each cookie is 1.5 points.)

Comments

Ira said…
I make the cookie mixed, them I make 6 pieces like I'm making only 6 cookies, but I make 3 smaller cookies. So instead of having 1 large I have 3 small or 2 large or 6 small. Much more enjoyable. Isn't my daughter great.

Popular Posts