Seasoned Tomato Rice

My parents were visiting my brother, Todd, and his fiancee, Brenda, in Texas last month and they mentioned a rice dish that Brenda made. She pureed tomatoes and added it to cooked rice and then seasoned with spices. I decided to try it myself, even though I didn't have all the details. It was really tasty!



Seasoned Tomato Rice
Serves 4

1 bag Success Instant Brown Rice
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt

Cook the rice according to package directions. Drain and place back in the pot you used to cook the rice in. Using a hand blender, puree the tomatoes. Add the cumin, garlic powder, black pepper and salt to the pureed tomatoes. Stir the tomato mixture into the rice; mix well. Heat over a low flame until heated through.

(Each 1/2 cup serving is 2 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts