Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes

I didn't always love Brussels sprouts. My experience with Brussels sprouts was my mom boiling the heck out of the frozen variety. I can still remember the smell, and it wasn't a good one. Years later I happened to be at an event and they were passing around a Brussels sprouts appetizer and my taste buds welcomed back the forgotten vegetable. My favorite way to enjoy these mini cabbages these days are by roasting them. I decided to add some sweet potato (since I happened to have it in my kitchen), and I loved the combination. Just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, they didn't need anything else.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
Serves 2 (very generous portions)

Ingredients:
1 container Brussels sprouts, cleaned and bottoms trimmed
1 large sweet potato
Garlic powder
Salt
Black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick olive oil cooking spray.

Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Cut the sweet potato into small pieces. Add to the prepared pan and spray with additional nonstick cooking spray. Season with garlic power, salt and black pepper to taste.



Roast until edges are slightly charred and vegetables are soft, 40 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking. Enjoy!



(Each large serving is 2 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts