Zucchini, Corn & Tomato Salad



Well, the first crop of zucchini has been harvested from my garden and I'm so excited! I go out to my garden every night to check on them. I'm obsessed.

I needed to enjoy my first zucchini fresh, I didn't want to ruin the flavor by cooking it. So, I decided to make a simple salad.



Zucchini, Corn & Tomato Salad
Serves 2

1 medium zucchini
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
1/3 cup cooked corn kernels (I used Trader Joe's Roasted Corn)
3 large leaves basil, sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Cut the zucchini into slices, and then again into quarters. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Combine the cut zucchini and tomatoes, along with the corn, in a medium bowl. Add the basil. 

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Pour over vegetables in bowl. Mix well. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight (for best flavor).

(Each serving is 2 pts. For a satisfying meal, I served it with my Cornmeal-Crusted Tilapia.)

Comments

Popular Posts