Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower

Roasting vegetables makes any vegetable taste better. And I actually like the flavor of slightly charred vegetables. I admit it. The most common vegetables to roast are root vegetables, like potatoes and carrots. I never thought of roasting broccoli or cauliflower until I had it once when I was in the city. You can use whatever seasoning you'd like.



Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
Serves 2

1 lb. broccoli and cauliflower florets (I bought the bagged variety in the vegetable section)
Nonstick olive oil spray
Seasoning blend (I chose to use Italian seasoning and garlic powder)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick olive oil spray. Spread the broccoli and cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the seasoning blend.

Bake until edges are slightly charred and stalks are just tender, turning baking sheet halfway through baking, about 35 minutes.

(Each serving is .5 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts