Polenta Fries

I am a huge fan of Polenta. I love trying new and different ways of making it. I have thought about trying to make Polenta fries for a while and I decided to try it this weekend. I loved the crispy edges of the Polenta. They were perfect with the Italian Meatloaf I made the other day. Polenta is great for those on Weight Watchers, since it has very little points.



Polenta Fries
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 cup instant Polenta (I used Scalfani)
Garlic powder
Dried basil
Black pepper
Salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray (I used olive oil spray).

Place 4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Slowly add the Polenta, stirring constantly. Stir mixture continuously over medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add seasonings to taste.

Spoon the Polenta onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mixture about 1/4-inch thick.



Let the Polenta stand until cool and set, about 30 minutes. Lift the foil and transfer the Polenta to a flat work surface. Line baking sheet again with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Cut the Polenta into fries and transfer them to the lined baking sheet. Spray again with nonstick cooking spray. Season again with garlic powder and salt.



Bake until edges are crisp, turning halfway through baking, about 30 minutes.

(Each serving is 1 pt.)

Comments

Popular Posts