Cookies & Cream Cupcakes



I don't know why, but I had this vision of Cookies & Cream cupcakes. I wanted to make something special for my brother before he left for Alaska. I researched recipes on the internet and found this recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor. The batter was a little too thick for my taste, so I added water to the recipe, which was just what it needed. They were still moist and delicious. The secret to making a cake mix taste more like homemade is the additional ingredients, in this case it was the sour cream. I used light, but it didn't really help the calorie count. But they were delicious!!



Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
Makes 24

18 Oreo Cookies
1 box White Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
3 large eggs
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can (12 ounces) Betty Crocker whipped fluffy white frosting

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners. Place Oreos in a resealable plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, roll over the Oreos to crush. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, and vanilla extract. Beat mixture on low speed for 1 minute, and then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Measure 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs and add to the cake batter, folding to combine. Spoon cake batter into the cupcake liners. Bake until cupcakes are lightly brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in centers come out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.

Frost cupcakes with frosting and top with remaining Oreo crumbs.

(Each cupcake is 6 pts.)

Comments

Popular Posts