Chicken and Artichoke Salad

I came up with this recipe a couple of years ago. There's a restaurant that my co-workers and I used to go to, called Friend of a Farmer, in Manhattan. They have this chicken and artichoke salad sandwich that was just unbelievable. After I ordered it a few times, I decided to try to replicate it at home. It might not be an exact match, but I like it, and so do my friends. I've added some macaroni to bulk it up. It can be pulled together in a flash if you purchase a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket.

Chicken and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Servings: 4

Ingredients
6 ounces low-carb macaroni or other high fiber pasta
1 1/2 cup cooked light meat chicken, cubed, shredded, or sliced
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1 cup canned artichoke hearts (not marinated), chopped
3 medium scallions, chopped
Black pepper

Instructions:

Cook the macaroni according to package directions; rinse under cold water and drain.

In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, artichoke hearts and scallions. Mix well. Chill overnight to blend the flavors. Add black pepper to taste.

(If you're counting points, it's 6 per serving.)

Comments

Popular Posts