Roasted Vegetables

Only 2 days til Thanksgiving!! It's a time for thanks, it's a time for giving, but it's also a time for eating...but don't panic! I have a strategy. First of all, I'm bringing my 1/2 cup measure from Weight Watchers with me (I don't care what anyone says, I'm not going to overeat). At this weeks WW meeting, we spoke about what everyone's strategies are for surviving the day (surviving is not just about making it through the day with your family, it's about passing on a second helping of stuffing!). Besides my idea of bringing my measuring scoop, I'm also making a roasted vegetable side dish.

You can pick your favorite vegetables to roast. Most every vegetable can be roasted, even broccoli. The charred edges and smoky flavor really makes you want to eat your vegetables. My choices for this year are Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, mushrooms and baby onions.

All you have to do is preheat the oven to 400F. Clean your vegetables and dry thoroughly, and cut into bite-size pieces. Spray or line your baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle garlic powder or any seasoning blend on the vegetables. Roast vegetables until tender and the edges are charred (mushrooms will cook through sooner, so you might want to put them on a separate baking sheet and take them out earlier). Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts