Stuffed Mushrooms

I was browsing through my recipe books and came across an index box with the recipes I've created over the years. There's something about finding handwritten recipes that can be passed on through the generations. Yes the internet does keep at your fingertips, but tangible memories are priceless.

Anyway, I digress. One of the recipes I came across was for Stuffed Mushrooms. I haven't made it in years, but it was always one of my favorites.

Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves 4-6

1 package (14 ounces) large mushrooms (usually marked for stuffing)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Wash mushrooms and remove the stems. Finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup. Place chopped stems in a saucepan with enough water to cover the stems. Boil stems until softened.

Combine softened stems, bread crumbs, Parmesan, egg and black pepper. Mix well. Place mushroom caps in prepared baking dish. Spoon filling mixture into mushroom caps. Drizzle oil over the filled mushroom caps. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.

(Depending on how many mushrooms are in the package, if serving 6, the WW point value is 3.)

Comments

Popular Posts